Effective August 2023
Personal Information Collection
You are not required to provide any personal information in order to access the Site and the information available on the Site. We will ask you for personal information (such as your name, address, email address, etc.) when you interact with us, such as registering on our Site, using any interactive features or applications, signing up to receive a newsletters, or applying for employment. We may share your information with third parties who contract with us to provide administrative and support services integral to our business operations including IT and HR service providers. We may collect additional data from third party data suppliers who enhance our files or from social media sites such as Facebook, if you like our pages or join our community.
How Galera Uses Personal Information
Galera may use your personal information for its business purposes, such as:
- To respond to your requests for information, products, services, including managing your account(s) with us and providing warranty service for certain products;
- To provide you with health information (such as information on certain health conditions) as well as information about our products and services;
- To provide you with marketing communications and offers for products and services;
- To administer promotional programs, social events, rewards, and discount programs;
- To determine if you are eligible for certain products, services or programs ;
- If you apply for a job via our careers page, to consider you for employment;
- For our research and development efforts;
- To anonymize data so that it is no longer personal information
- For product safety, such as adverse event reporting, or to communicate product safety information to you; and/or
- For other routine business purposes, such as payment processing and financial account management, product development, contract management, website administration, fulfillment, analytics, fraud prevention, corporate governance, reporting and legal compliance.
Personal Information Disclosure
Galera does not sell, share, or otherwise distribute your personal information with third parties for their marketing purposes. Galera will share your personal information in compliance with applicable laws and regulations. We may also share your personal information as follows:
- We may share your personal information with your consent or as you direct.
- We may share your personal information with our affiliated companies and product co-promotion partners, which may only use your personal information for the purposes listed herein.
- We may share your personal information with our service providers, who are bound by law or contract to protect your personal information and only use your personal information in accordance with our instructions. For example, we may share your personal information with vendors who provide data processing or fulfillment services for us.
- We may also disclose your personal information when requested under legal process or required by law, such as in response to a subpoena, including to law enforcement agencies and courts in the United State and other countries where we operate.
- Please note that we may also disclose data about you that is not personal information because it is not identifiable. For example, we may publish reports that contain aggregate and statistical data about our customers.
In addition, we may share your personal information to protect against and prevent fraud, illegal activity (such as identifying and responding to incidents of hacking or misuse of our websites and mobile applications), and claims and other liabilities.
Cookies and Other Data Collection Technologies
When you visit our Site, we collect certain information by automated means, using technologies such as cookies, pixel tags, browser analysis tools, server logs and web beacons.
Cookies are small text files that websites send to your computer or other internet-connected device to uniquely identify your browser or to store data or settings in your browser. Cookies allow use to recognize you when you return. They also help us provide a customized experience and enable us to detect certain kinds of fraud.
Pixel tags and web beacons are tiny graphic images placed on website pages or in our emails that allow us to determine whether you have performed a specific action. When you access these pages or open or click an email, the pixel tags and web beacons generate a notice of that action. These tools allow us to measure response to our communications and improve our web pages and promotions.
We collect many different types of information from cookies and other technologies. For example, we may collect information about the device you use to access our website, your operating system type, browser type, domain, and other system settings, as well as the language your system uses and the country and time zone where your device is located. Our server logs also record the IP address of the device you use to connect to the internet. An IP address is a unique identifier that devices use to identify and communicate with each other on the internet.
In many cases, the information we collect using cookies and other tools is only used in a non-identifiable way, without any reference to personal information. For example, we use data we collect about all website users to optimize our website(s) and to understand website traffic patterns.
Social Media Plugins
This Site uses social media plugins (e.g. the Facebook “Like” button, “Share to Twitter” button) to enable you to easily share information with others. When you visit our Site, the operator of the social plugin can place a cookie on your computer, enabling that operator to recognize individuals who have previously visited our Site. If you are logged into the social media website (e.g. Facebook, Twitter) while browsing our Site, the social plugins allow that social media website to share data about your activities on our Site with other users of their social media website. For example, Facebook Social Plugins allow Facebook to show your Likes and comments on our pages to your Facebook friends. Facebook Social Plugins also allow you to see your friends’ Facebook activity on our website. Galera does not control any of the content form the social media plugins. For more information about social plugins from other media websites you should refer to those sites’ privacy and data/information sharing statements/policies.
Your Choices Regarding Your Personal Information
You can always limit the information you provide to Galera, but if you choose not to provide certain requested information, you may be unable to access some of the services, offers, and content on our Site. You can also limit the communications that Galera may send you by following a simple opt-out process. Simply follow the instructions in our advertisement/promotional emails to opt-out of receiving future marketing communications.
Please note that even if you opt-out of promotional emails, we may still need to contact you with important transactional data about your account. For example, even if you opt-out of advertisement/promotional emails, we will still send you a notification of changes to, expiration of, or discontinuation of a program you are enrolled in, and product safety communications.
You can opt-out of being targeted by those third party advertising companies that are NAI members online at www.networkadvertising.org.
Do Not Track
“Do Not Track” is a privacy preference that you can set in your internet search browser that sends a signal to a website that you do not want the website operator to track certain browsing information about you.
Security of Your Personal Information
Galera has implemented a security program that contains administrative, technical and physical controls that are designed to reasonably safeguard your personal information from unlawful use, unauthorized access or disclosure. Even though we have taken steps to protect your personal information from being intercepted, accessed, used or disclosed by unauthorized persons, we cannot fully eliminate security risks associated with personal information.
Links to Third Parties’ Sites
We may provide links to websites or resources outside of our Site for your informational purposes only. You acknowledge and agree that Galera is not responsible for the availability of such sites or resources, and does not endorse and is not responsible or liable for any content, advertising, goods, services or other materials on, available through or provided by such sites or resources. Galera is not responsible for the privacy or other practices of such sites and cannot guarantee the security of any of your personal information that you provide or is collected by such sites. We encourage you to review the privacy policies and terms and conditions on those linked sites.
We do not knowingly collect, use, or disclose information from individuals under the age of 18 on the Site. If you are under the age of 18, please do not provide any personal information. If we become aware that we have collected personal information from a minor, we will make commercially reasonable efforts to delete such information from our databases.
This Site does not extend binding offers or terms or conditions of employment. Any employment offer that may result from your submitting information in response to a job opening listed on this Site is in accordance with the specific terms of that offer and is not based in any way on the description of the job on this Site. Except as otherwise prohibited by law, nothing on this Site shall be construed as a contract of employment or as a guarantee of continued employment or employment for any specific duration. Employment with Galera is “at will” and that generally cannot be modified by an employee or representative of Galera. This means if you are hired, either you or Galera can separate your employment at any time without notice or cause.
Any information you submit must be true, complete, not misleading and you must have the lawful right to provide it. If not, this may lead to a rejection of your application during the application process or disciplinary action including immediate dismissal if you have been employed. The provision of personal information, including on the Site, is voluntary. Please note however that the failure to provide sufficient information may result in Galera being unable to consider you for employment, promotion, transfer, or relocation.
How to Contact Us
Galera Therapeutics, Inc.
Attention: Legal Department – Privacy
45 Liberty Blvd, Suite 230
Malvern, PA 19355